Superior Card stock
Waterproof, yet Excellent.
It has happened to all of us. A cup of coffee, a soda, a little rain....
We spend all this money on our favorite decks and in seconds, they're ruined. They are just made of paper, after all.
The paper warps and splits, and no matter what we try, it's never the same. They're destroyed.
But there's something new out there that I've tried & I am really excited about it. WATERPROOF Card Stock.
Superior Card Stock is 100% plastic PVC cards with a thickness of 0.325mm (Premium card stock is a thickness of 310gsm and is plastic coated, if you want a comparison).
When I first heard of this option I thought, no way. I can't use plastic cards. It won't feel right.
Well, I was really wrong there....these cards look and feel like the standard smooth paper card stock, and
** they shuffle FANTASTIC. **
* They do NOT have a glossy plastic looking finish. The finish is smooth eggshell.
* They do NOT stick together oddly. (when I dunked my whole deck in a glass of water they did stick a little but not when they're dry). You can run tap water over them - they stay exactly the same.
* If you've ever had a deck that got "the bends" (where the deck for no apparent reason seems to have a warp in the middle) - waterproof card stock doesn't do that.
Premium (paper) cardstock after a spill.
No more ruined decks!!
FYI: ALTHOUGH COOL, WATERPROOF CARD STOCK IS NOT INDESTRUCTIBLE
I do feel that waterproof card stock is an evolution in card material, but PLEASE READ the ways in which they're not indestructible & maybe not "perfect" for everyone. The only negatives that I have found with these cards:
* The edges are WHITE. I normally do edge treatments to my decks (with stain) & stain won't stick to plastic.
* Extreme heat can warp a deck. Like, getting left in the window of your car.
* Getting tossed around in your purse will damage them - they can scratch, like plastic eyeglass lenses get scuffy.
* They can get BENT or CREASED.
* They're expensive
* Really important: You can't SOAK these cards. Don't read in the bathtub and soak them or leave them in a glass of water. The water is not loosely applied, however, it is slightly water soluble if you let it soak & rub it dry.
This photo shows a deck that was left in water for 3 minutes and rubbed dry. Notice that the paint has been rubbed off the edges.
PRICING: Mini size: $18
Bridge size: $18
Poker size: $18
Tarot size: $33
Large size: $45
Wow! I just got your Postcards from My Lover deck on plastic card stock and I love the feel of it. The cards are smooth and silky, and it shuffles like a dream. I really couldn't tell that it was plastic-coated at all—the cards are light and flexible. It's nice to know that the deck is waterproof, too—but, I don't think I will test it for that. Thanks, for recommending this purchase option to me. I will be using this deck often!
~ Nancy G.
I received my new Deck of the Bastard and it was EVERYTHING I was hoping for and more. I decided to go with the PVC waterproofing, due to my own negligence I soaked a previous deck (also deck of the Bastard and ruined it). As a professional reader, I do hundreds of readings per year and I feel this material will hold up better than the run of the mill paper. This is my third deck from Seven and I’ve never been disappointed, not do I read with any other deck. The compliments on its quality and the haunting yet beautiful mash of images leave people in awe of the cards. Thank you for creating such a wonderful deck!
I thought it was paper! I think it's heavier, but not by much...the texture is fantastic...smooth and matte. I like the flexibility, too. It's thick yet light so when you shuffle there's no stiffness that needs to be broken in. I like it.
Its true my toddler son had a good try with these cards....LOL still have mine in good shape. Thank you for these child proof cards.
I found time to try out the new superior card stock under live conditions. I used it in an early morning garden reading while my reading table was still covered with dew. It did not hurt the cards at all, it is just incredible! While it does not feel "artificial" and shuffles just like normal decks, you still get a feeling that it will last you a life time. It is perfect for those decks you cherish but still want to take and use everywhere.